Two things are true:
1. It's the holiday season!
2. It's still a pandemic.
As if holiday season didn't already have enough reasons to throw us in a daze, we are still dealing with the realities of a pandemic world. 'Tis the season of giving, and for many, 'tis also the season of grieving. So we hope you find extra joy, balance, patience, and compassion for others and yourself at the close of this year. As always, we want you to go forth in the world embodying Oneness in all that you do - and it starts with you. As you give to others, remember to give to yourself (EXTRA) this holiday season.
Here are some tips to help you ease through the holidays and the New Year:
1. Pay attention to your mental health - always, always always. "You cannot give from an empty cup" is what they say. Because it's true. This year has been freakish. The amazing thing about humans is that no matter how tough things are, we tend to always think of others. For some of us, we think of others way more than ourselves - leaving us depleted and depressed. When you've been so deep in it for so long, you may not even realize that there's something wrong. Take the time to go within, have a look, take a thorough analysis, and feel your body - really be in your body. What does it have to say? What do you need from you?
2. Self-Care BB. Alright, so you did the uncomfortable thing and went deep within. (Thank you. I see you. You're doing magnificent work). So, what did you find? What was missing? Let's start nurturing from here just as you are. Are you craving more silence, more peace? Make time for meditation. Does your body feel like it's been carrying the weight of the world? Make time for yoga, stretch out all those burdened limbs, become light again. Does the winter have you dried out and cold from the inside and out? We love baths - please indulge in one. We love adding essential oils and salts to really nourish our soul and skin. Do you have so much anger you could slash and burn things to the ground? Try journaling it out...then burn the page if you will. If that's not good enough, allow yourself to scream into a pillow or make your own punching bag - seriously - allowing your emotions is self-care too.
3. SLEEP. That's it. That's the tip. Sleep. Sleep in. Sleep long. Chuck the alarm clock. Take naps in the middle of the day. Turn off your phone and let the world go away. Sleep. Prioritize your sleep. It's literally one of the best things you can do.
4. Give a big "NOPE" to the drama this year. No holiday drama, no family drama, no drama over getting and giving the best presents before everyone else does. Nope nope nope. We've had enough drama for the entire millennium in just the last 9 months. It is delightful, or it is not worth your time. Shoot, if you're dreading seeing your family then the one highlight of this pandemic is that you literally have the most valid excuse in the world to say "NOPE."
5. Re-think the New Years Resolutions. If we learned one thing this year it's that CLEARLY we cannot predict our lives if our lives depended on it. Yes, it is soooooo good and soooooo important to have realistic goals. Let's just place a bunch of emphasis on the word "realistic" this time. Remember that you are not comparing yourself to anyone. Remember that not everything has to be all or nothing. Remember that your goals should come from a place of self-love instead of self-loathing. Remember that no matter how hard and well we plan for things, we cannot predict the future. Remember that that's what makes life magical. Remember that you're here to experience delight.